Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Deployments

With close to three hours to burn once we arrived at DFW for our return flight to Harrisburg, I found myself at one of my favorite places with a lot of time on my hands. Since I was but a few years old, I've enjoyed watching airplanes. In fact, I have a memory of going to the Princeton Airport one afternoon when I was two or three. So spent the three hours I had at DFW walking the concourses and riding the SkyLink. All in all, I walked from gate B6 to B33 and then from B6 to gate D12 and rode the SkyLink close to three times around the entire DFW terminal. I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

In addition to helping a couple of foreigners figure out the slightly confusing SkyLink system, I also watched a US Army unit head out for deployment. I'd never seen a unit head out on a commercial flight, so the sight of the concourse crowded with about 100 personnel in desert fatigues was impressive.

If I have my data right, two individuals connected with Grace deploy today: Larry and Barnaby. Regardless of your stance on the political side of things, be praying for all of our military personnel as they serve our country.