Saturday, June 23, 2007

Rodeo: weather update

Don't stop now. Even though it appears God is answering our 6 months of prayers by eliminating the rain concern, we still need God to give us the perfect weather mix. Yesterday, the wind presented some challenges.

We ordered something like seven tents and in normal setups, the company gets them put up in several hours. The tents arrived around 9 or 10 Friday morning. When I left the office at 4:30, two were set up and had been for several hours, two others had been set up and then blown over. Pray that we have just the right weather mix over the next two days.

Pray for the souls too. I took a phone call from a family in Lancaster yesterday that's planning to attend. I'm brushing up on my Spanish.

I look forward to seeing the volunteer army assembled at 7pm tonight. Can you feel the anticipation?