Wednesday, August 30, 2006

AFF - The Draft

It's the return of our Adult Football Fellowship (AFF), kicking off the first week of September. We convened for our annual pre-AFF organizational meeting last Sunday (aka the Fantasy Football draft) to set our teams for this coming season.

I meant to look for some articles online to help me improve my draft selections (I'm notorious for having a very weak draft strategy), but I ran out of time. Inspite of the lack of external help, I think I ended up with a half-decent team this year. This format for year's league, The Pulled-Pork League, is each team will play 4-Quarterbacks, 4-Running backs and 4-Wide receivers each week (a non-traditional format). By the luck of the draw, I had the first pick with which I selected Peyton Manning. My team rost includes:

Peyton Manning
Matt Hasselback
Trent Green
Drew Bledsoe
Byron Leftwich
Tiki Barber
Steven Jackson
Reggie Bush
Brian Westbrook
Kevin Jones
Larry Fitzgerald
Roy Williams
Deion Branch
Darrell Jackson
Derrick Mason

Side note: My SpeedRacer team has been in first place for several consecutive weeks, but has slumped as of late dropping into second place in the Grace Racers NASCAR fantasy league.