Wednesday, August 23, 2006

$1M Bill

While I am all about confidentiality when it comes to church giving (as I explained yesterday), I couldn't pass up the opportunity to let you see what came through in this week's offering.

Now over my few years of ministry in the church, the offering plate has been a magnet for the unusual. In each instance, I've assumed that the donor, following the New Testament example, was giving of what they had with the purest of motives. It's not uncommon to find foreign currencies representative of multiple nations and in one case we even received a wedding ring. I can promise you that we value each gift and treat it respectfully as the Lord's, regardless of how unusual it might seem.

In the case of the wedding ring, we first were concerned that it may have fallen off the persons finger by chance so our first priority was confirming that it indeed was meant to be an offering to the Lord.

All of that said, I haven't decided what to do with what we received this week...