Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Overheard in the dinner line at a retirement community...

One retiree, waiting in line said to another, "Did you get your t-shirt?"
Instantaneously, I knew the topic of the question.

I'd considered heading out in time for the 9am opening, but decided a laid-back Saturday morning was more valuable than a free t-shirt. And as the men would confirm for me as we awaited our seats for dinner, the t-shirt was indeed devalued for the gentleman arrived at 9:45 only to find them plum out of t-shirts.

They of course, had trekked out to Park City for the opening of the new Apple Store this past Saturday. I was intrigued that a new Apple Store caught the interest of a 30-something year old and 70-something year-olds alike. I seize such opportunities to share conversation with strangers and when I asked for his assessment of the new store... "It's like a can of sardines, there's no room to move around!" I anticipate my next trip to Park City to check it out for myself.