Monday, July 21, 2008

Forget Church Softball, Grace Church Should Field a Football Team

While Manheim Central's football team has suffered through some "delayed successes" over the past two years (I know better than to use the slump word in these parts), the Warwick football program has been over-achieving. Several of the Warwick players regularly attend Grace. With that kind of talent, maybe we should enter a church football league instead of a softball league.

In fact, Warwick's feature running back was interviewed by LNPNews' Jeffrey Reinhart recently and featured on Reinhart's blog today.

Having trouble getting teenagers to talk to you? I do. But everytime Eric checks me out at Bombergers, I ask him about football. How's he training over the summer, when does pre-season camp start, or how I saw parts of the game on TV. I try to find something they're interested in and suprisingly find them very engaging in return.