Thursday, December 14, 2006

What I Love About Grace

As I stated in a post a few days ago, we needed help with chair setup last Saturday. I knew five people had contacted the office, stating they would help out. Much to my surprise, a total of nine guys showed up Saturday to help out and in the span of just over an hour or so, we had the room setup and ready for church. I enjoyed working with Jack Y., Cliff M., John B., Jerry W., Doug F., Andy S., Jim B., Rick G. and Bryan N., many of whom stuck around to help with other aspects of the preparations even though they didn't have to. While the chair setup is a labor intensive task, it's a way for people to be a part of the Sunday morning ministry team.

On top of that, as I went to check one of our computer network servers, I passed Pearl working diligently in one of the classrooms cleaning the desks. She'd noticed they could use a thorough cleaning a while back, so she came armed with 409 cleaning solution and put some elbow grease into it.

I appreciate the people who invest so much time and effort, above and beyond their full time (sometimes even over-time, if not double-time) jobs to be a part of this organism we refer to as Grace Church. That's what I love about Grace.