Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A Volume Ends A New One Begins

To you who are reading this blog, whether for the first time or for the umpteenth time, I appreciate your interest in my writing and for the comments you've shared whether on a post or in person over the years. I started Administering Grace on August 18, 2005 as a backdoor look into who I am, the thoughts I was contemplating and the reasons behind some of the policies of Grace Church. That was three years, close to 500 posts and over 16,000 unique visitors ago.

Your appreciation for my style and wit has paralleled the joy I've discovered in writing. Both are noteworthy for though English was my first language, I learned Tagalog at the age of four. And while that paid dividends during High School language courses, it messed me up grammatically and phonetically. I was in remedial English and grammar classes into High School. English composition, grammar and spelling were never my strong suit. But through Administering Grace, I've found a previously undiscovered joy in expressing thought in writing and based on your comments a style that has some appeal. I have no idea where this may lead in the future, but as time allows and thoughts worth sharing come to mind, I hope to continue.

While Administering Grace has been my personal blog, it's inception and the underlying focus has been on my administrative duties at Grace Church. As such, it seems only appropriate that with the cessation of my employment at Grace Church, that this volume should come to a close as well. As this volume ends a new one begins.