Thursday, October 02, 2008

Count Your Blessings...

  • I've been able to see Dad when it suited his schedule best and adjust my schedule as needed
  • Since the nursing home has cable (we dropped it back in late July) and Dad's become an avid Phillies fan, he and I are able to enjoy Phillies games together... so long as he stays awake
  • We now have the opportunity to care for the other parents in a different context; when their need surfaced in the past week or two we were able to respond without hesitation
  • I've been able to help a close relative process their job loss
  • I've been able to help others search for God's next assignment for them
  • I've been able to power up my network to 100% and they've been encouraging and helpful
  • I've been able to pursue searching for FT care options for Dad in case he's unable to return home
  • I've lost weight, not that I needed to, but having not played soccer this summer...
  • I've been able to experience the C3N ministry of LCBC
  • I learned about the book, The Tale of Three Kings by Gene Edwards
  • I've reconnected with old friends and contacts
  • I've never experienced my awareness of God's leading, and confidence in His living up to the Jehovah Jireh that He is, to be as strong as it's been
  • Though it's not definitive and I remain open to whatever He wants, the exit polls could be interpreted to foreshadow that His next assignment for me may not involve church ministry and that's okay
  • I'm still in the analyzing phase of the decision making process, but I may get a new suit. That would be the first one since 1993 - a teal, double-breasted wonder
  • I have a greater appreciation for what it's like to have a loved one go through surgery
  • I've had an opportunity to be introduced to many nurses in Lancaster County as "my eldest son"
  • I get to see God's fine-tuned orchestrations in every conversation, wrinkle and development
Count your many blessings, name them one by one; count your many blessings see what God has done (is doing)!