Friday, August 08, 2008

Drinking from a fire hose

I didn't realize it but Wednesday night of this week I managed to fit my mouth around a fire hose. That was a feat in and of itself. Mid-morning Thursday, someone snuck in and turned the thing on and it's remained on for two straight days. Whether actual water or figuratively for information, I have a lot to process.

For starters, there appears to be a movement of the Spirit that exceeds that which I've witnessed in my three-and-a-half plus decades on this planet. I've made such statements previously, that I sense God doing things I've never seen before. I do not write these words flippantly.

In several conversations with key individuals I've come to respect, admire and have sought to emulate a theme rapidly emerged today. To a person, each shared, without my prompting, collaboration, that their hearts and minds were being stirred in ways they were still trying to understand and comprehend. I too felt it.

When I correlate these conversations with people of influence with the resources God has placed in the storehouse of Grace Church, I believe we are on the cusp of seeing a calling of God unfurled.

Are we ready? Am I ready?