Wednesday, September 19, 2007

People fascinate me

It all started at a seminar I attended recently, I've been thinking every now and then about the things that I love doing and the things I loathe doing. My wife and I were picking up some groceries the other day and ran into an acquaintance from church. We conversed for several minutes, catching up on what was happening in the person's life... new job, new school, kid growing up etc. I walked away feeling encouraged and uplifted. I was hardly the topic of the discussion, in fact, I'm not even sure they asked how my wife and I were doing, but I came away excited.

People just fascinate me. I enjoy hearing their stories, where they've been, where they're going and what's going on in their lives. My encouragement stems from seeing firsthand evidence of how God is working in their lives.

I love people.