Monday, April 23, 2007

Cheap IT Information

Several people I interact with on a regular basis often ask what the deal is with blogging. Though I haven't counted them up recently, I probably track 30+ blogs on a weekly basis. Predominantly, I'm tracking the blogs of church staff who are responsible for the computer/informational issues at churches across the country. Though I'm somewhat versed in computers, what formal computer training I had was in programming, so I'm not trained for leading/managing a network. I get a lot of cheap information, no, free information from these people who see blogging as an opportunity to exchange information. I greatly appreciate the time they put in and the knowledge they share with me. It's helped me lead our efforts to chart our path for the next five years.

Here's the list of IT bloggers I track...
Fady's Blog
Eric Busby
Chris Todd
Bryson Medlock
Brett Anderson
The Appian Way
Jeff Wilson
Terry Storch
Kyle Sagarsee
Nick Nicholaou
Brian Bailey
Scott Reichling
Stephen Wareham
Tony Dye
Jason Powell
Ed Buford