Wednesday, November 15, 2006

New Homepage Coming

As I mentioned a while back, our webpage (www.lgbc.org) has been in need of a makeover as it's been at least some two years since we last revised it. The work's progressing, actually almost finished, and I expect we'll have a new homepage up in the next week.

Actually, the new design is the work of Bryan. We're putting his eye and creativity for graphic layout to work for us or back to work for us. If you look at the past 8-10 years, I'm not sure we've ever figured out who's best suited to do our website. Bryan ran it until around the year 2000 or so, when I picked it up. I've run it (with Elaine's help the past two years) since 2000 and now it's sorta going back to Bryan, if only temporarily.

Fortunately, I think each time it's changed hands, we've only taken steps forward, building on what the other has accomplished. From the draft I've seen, that trend continues with this latest change.

And don't worry, while a new homepage will be nice, a new menu layout for all of our pages is not far behind. We've recognized for sometime that the menu structure is lacking.