Friday, September 23, 2005

Fantasy Football Freak (F3)

I'm part of an AFF (Adult Football Fellowship not to be confused with an ABF) that meets every Sunday afternoon. In addition to watching the NFL each week, we also have a Fantasy Football league. I'm known as the freak. One of my weaknesses is I don't know how to draft. So last year, since all the top echelon running backs had been picked I didn't draft my running backs until the last rounds. Fortunately, Tiki Barber was one of them and he had an incredible first half of the season. But because I don't draft well, I have to compensate by adding/dropping free agents week-in and week-out. Last year I made something like 100 transactions over the course of the season. Yeah, I'm a freak. My team is off to a slow start this year, mostly due to poor management. I drafted Donovan McNabb, but after his less-than-stellar performance in week 1 and reports that he had a bruised chest I benched him for week 2. Donovan went out and ran up 62 points. Guess I won't do that again.