Friday, October 20, 2006

Just 7 Short

In case you missed it, I made Scott's blog yesterday. I should note that I chose that particular hat on my own without any persuasion or influence - the game may have been more interesting if we were forced to wear particular hats, but we weren't - freedom of choice.

What's really interesting is that yesterday's entry on Scott's blog fell 7 visits short of setting the all-time high mark for visits to his blog in one day. Apparently people like to see me in funny hats.

I've become adept at hiding aspects of my personality. In college, most thought I was a 4.0 student and a brainiac - mostly because I wore glasses and carried a notebook computer with me to class. What they didn't know is that when Dr. Ceperley would go on tangents about the Tohu and Bohu as we studied Genesis, I'd start playing Tetris. Not the best game, but it's what my computer could handle at the time while allowing to quickly switch back to notetaking. Oh, and the truth is, my undergrad GPA was more in the 2.0-3.0 range.

Being a Business Manager does help matters as the title and position carry a stigma of being the gestapo, the person who declines requests, says no and doesn't know how to have fun. In the past several months, I've had co-workers tell me that they didn't think I'd find the humor in the funny email that was being passed around. And at another time a different co-worker exclaimed, "I didn't know you knew how to have fun!"

I'm having fun, may be more fun than you realize.